Here you can find scholarships that support people to study at tertiary level in New Zealand.

General information


  • The Reserve Bank of New Zealand(external link) offers scholarships to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking at Honours, Masters or PhD level. There are also separate scholarships for second year Māori and Pasifika students to encourage study in these fields.

Other government agencies

  • The Ministry for Primary Industries(external link) is offering Ngā Karahipi Uru Rākau – Forestry Scholarships for Māori and/or female students enrolling in a Bachelor of Forestry Science or Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Forest Engineering.


Pacific People

Teaching and education

Overseas study and international students

  • Chevening Scholarships(external link), funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and administered by the British Council, are prestigious awards which enable overseas students to study in the United Kingdom. It offers young New Zealanders annual scholarships in three categories: journalism, politics and post-graduate study.
  • The New Zealand Aid Programme(external link) provides support for citizens of some developing countries to undertake vocational training or tertiary level study in their home country, in New Zealand or in the Pacific region.

Back to top

Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Tell us what you think.