NCEA Apps for parents and students
NZQA have developed two Apps, the NCEA Guide and the NCEA Student App, that can be downloaded for free from the Apple and Google Play stores. They are available in English or Te Reo.
NCEA Guide App
The “NCEA Guide” App provides quick and easy access to key information about NCEA for parents.
It makes practical information about NCEA easily accessible and helps you understand how NCEA works and how you can support your child studying NCEA.
The information in the App is laid out in a simple way, under two headings – “How NCEA works” and “How to help my child”. You’ll find answers to the following questions and much more:
- What does NCEA stand for?
- How is NCEA achieved?
- What are standards and credits?
- What are endorsements?
- Where does University Entrance fit in?
- How can I help my child choose the right subject
- How can I help my child succeed in exams?
- What does NCEA cost?
- What key dates do I need to know?
There are also quick links to more information about topics, like University Entrance, and the study tips and tricks videos, on the NZQA website.
NCEA Student App
The NCEA Student App also helps parents to know what their child is studying and how they are progressing.
This App helps your child set goals for further achievement and track their NCEA credit progress. It offers a standalone database with a powerful search engine which allows your child to easily find NCEA courses and standards that they are doing, or would like to do.
Students and parents have been asking for information about NCEA and achievements to be accessible online, any time, and the App offers that on any mobile device.
It gives you the ability to have specific discussions about:
- setting NCEA credit goals and targets
- progress towards NCEA Levels one, two and three, including Literacy, Numeracy and University Entrance
- setting reminders for when assignments are due
- recording results as they are achieved and cross checking them with the school or NZQA.
There are a range of Apps available that offer information and advice about NCEA and tracking progress – NZQA encourages students to look at all the Apps available with their families and choose the one that is best suited to their needs.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Tell us what you think.