Count Me In
Count Me In is a project to help Māori and Pasifika aged 16 to 18 that have left school without an NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification. It brings together a special team to give your child the best chance at gaining a Level 2 qualification.
Why is NCEA Level 2 so important?
Getting NCEA Level 2 or an equivalent qualification is the first step to improving your child’s education, work and life opportunities. These days a Level 2 qualification is the minimum your child needs to enter the workforce or continue further study.
The Count Me In project creates an immediate impact by giving practical support for Māori and Pasifika outside the education system to gain an NCEA Level 2 or equivalent qualification.
Can my child get this help?
Yes, if your child is:
- 16 to 18 years old
- Māori or Pasifika
- not in school
- without a Level 2 qualification
- in need of better work and life choices
then Count Me In can help them.
What does this project offer my child?
Your child will be helped to:
- look at what qualification credits they have
- explore what career or job they want to have
- figure out what qualifications they need for the career or job they want
- find out what options they have to get the qualifications they need, starting with Level 2 qualifications, and then
- enrol in and complete their studies.
Last reviewed: Has this been useful? Tell us what you think.